Consider making yourself a “Travel Kit.” We travel a lot as a family, even more so as the summer months approach. In order to keep us from getting a junk food overload and to avoid sickness, I began bringing things with me that I know I will need. You can buy containers from here:
The 8 oz are especially helpful for herbs and the 32 oz for grains. Don’t forget to buy tops too!
Here are some of the items I bring:
- Herbs: elderberry, comfrey, arnica, calendula, etc.
- Homeopathic Kit: contains 50 remedies and two reference books
- Kitchen supplies: peeler, grater, scissors, hand blender, a good pan, non anti-bacterial hand soap
- Natural room deoderizer such as orange spray
- Tea: peppermint, rooibos, camomille
- Food: brown rice, whole wheat berries (for pancakes), coconut or olive oil, dried apricots, soaked/dehydrated almonds, asian rice crackers, arrowroot powder, raw apple cider vinegar, grey sea salt, Stevia or raw honey, cinnamon
- Probiotics: We always have kefir! You may also want to bring a pre made batch of kvass, beet kvass, kombucha, and/or lacto-fermented fruits or vegetables