A few months back, I sent out a tip about olive oil. This month, I wanted to tell you about another great fat – VIRGIN RED PALM OIL. Virgin Red Palm Oil, used mostly in Africa and other parts of the world, is beginning to make a trend here as well. Here are a few facts:
VIRGIN RED PALM OIL:
* Contains tocols (Vitamin E) which are powerful natural antioxidants.
* Excellent stability at high temperatures…has a very high smoke point at about 425 F, making it an excellent oil for frying.
* One of the richest natural plant sources of carotenoids with concentration of 500-700 ppm.
* It has 15 times more carotenoids than carrots and 300 times more than tomatoes.
* No other vegetable oil contains carotenoids in such significant quantities!